The Union Bank is the outgrowth of two former banking enterprises: the Bank of Jamestown and the Farmers Bank. The Bank of Jamestown was chartered on August 15, 1904 with W.L. Wright as its first President and Travis Smith as Cashier. The Farmers Bank was established on February 22, 1922, naming W.M. Johnson as President and H.B. Reeves as Cashier. On September 21, 1933, the two banks merged to become what is known today as Union Bank. The current Chairman of the Board is Ralph Upchurch and the current President and C.E.O. is Thomas B. Duncan.
The bank operated from its first location on the public square until 1968, when it moved into its new headquarters on North Main and Church Streets until 2009. In the fall of 2009, the main branch relocated to a new three story 27,000 square foot facility, better equipped to handle its growing customer needs. The bank has a branch location in Clarkrange and Byrdstown and a mortgage company in its main office. Our total employment has grown to 45 individuals and our total resources exceed $160 million. Union Bank is proud to have served our community for over a century and is committed to continuing our tradition of excellence for many years to come. The directors, officers, and staff of Union Bank appreciate the loyal support we have received from the community for over a hundred years.